I wanted something to go with the leftover grilled steak and chicken I brought home from a family barbecue the other night and this delicious brown rice salad with chickpeas, green chiles, tomatoes, cilantro, and a cumin and lime vinaigrette really fit the bill.
Although this was just a quick lunch I threw together from what I could find in my fridge and pantry, it was delicious and I would definitely make it again.
This brown rice salad recipe works well as either a side dish or a light vegetarian main course for lunch. Top it with thinly sliced grilled chicken, steak, or tempeh and you have a hearty and delicious summer meal.
Feel free to play with ingredient amounts to suit your own taste. I think it would be great topped with some sliced avocado and roasted pepitas. A sprinkle of queso fresco or Cotija cheese would be great as well.
- How to Cook Perfect Brown Rice
- Cilantro Caesar Salad with Carne Asada
- Herbed Tuna Salad with Feta and Pine Nuts
- Orange Cranberry Salad with Walnuts and Blue Cheese
- Rice Pilaf with Raisins and Pine Nuts
- Whole Wheat Green Orzo Salad
Around the Web:
- Wild Rice Salad from Simply Recipes
- Broccoli Rice Salad with Sesame-Ginger Dressing from Fatfree Vegan Kitchen
- Fresh Asparagus Rice Salad from Eating Out Loud
- Brown Rice Salad with Turkey, Red Cabbage and Pecans from Kalyn’s Kitchen
- Chicken and Wild Rice Salad from Culinary in the Country