It’s Food Blog Friday and here I am writing about yet another lemon-infused recipe. I can’t help it. I love lemon. I love this Lemon Buttermilk Pound Cake. And I love Baking Bites, today’s featured food blog.
Nicole Weston has been writing Baking Bites since 2004 – way before I knew anything about food or baking blogs. She updates the blog almost daily with recipes, baking tips, product reviews, recommendations, and what she calls “bites from other blogs” – links to interesting recipes and ideas from other blogs. I just ordered a new ice cream scoop based on Nicole’s recent review of her Zyliss scoop. I love learning about great products from other bloggers!
I’ve been reading Baking Bites since I first discovered food blogs and I’ve tried several recipes over the years. They’ve all been great! When I was craving lemon cake this week, I knew I could trust Nicole’s Lemon Buttermilk Pound Cake even though I had never made it before. I was right to trust the recipe. This cake was perfect.
I had a couple pints of fresh raspberries from the Farmer’s Market that I wanted to pair with the cake – lemon and raspberry is such a great combination! I used most of the berries to make a simple Raspberry Coulis and saved a few for garnish. The cake and raspberry sauce were perfect together.
I really hope you head over to Baking Bites and give this simple and delicious lemon cake a try. Make sure to look at Nicole’s other great recipes while you’re there!
Other Recipes to try from Baking Bites:
- Chai Snickerdoodles
- Strawberry Goat Cheese Scones
- Cinnamon Raisin Beer Bread
- Soft Yogurt Sandwich Rolls
- Buttermilk Pie Bars
Previous Food Blog Fridays:
- Coconut Cupcakes with Coconut Cream Cheese Frosting from Simply Recipes
- Lemon Poppyseed Zucchini Bread from 101 Cookbooks
- Fattoush from Kalyn’s Kitchen
- Spice-Rubbed Flank Steak from Blue Kitchen
- Lemon Buttermilk Popsicles from Whipped
- Apricot Almond Tart from Tartelette
- Blueberry Orange Cornmeal Pancakes from Satisfied
- Luscious Lemon Bars from Alpineberry