Did I mention that our new backyard comes with a fig tree?
Entries Tagged 'NaBloPoMo'
Here’s another recipe from the past that I’m pulling forward to share with you again. This Apple Galette recipe was originally posted in October of 2008.
Fall is here, the holidays are near, and the season of eating is officially upon us. For me, that means it’s time for apple pie. This is my
third sixth year at Pinch My Salt, and every year I have grand plans to write about holiday recipes. So far, I’ve failed miserably! Sure, I always manage to post a few pumpkin recipes here and there, but when it comes to the real stuff: the pies, the turkey, the cranberries, the dressing, I always step back and let the pros help you out. (Edit: I do have more holiday recipes on the blog now. You can find them here.)
Other Thanksgiving Appetizer Ideas from around the web:
- Sweet and Spicy Roasted Nuts from What’s Gaby Cooking
- Quick and Easy Artichoke Dip from Simply Recipes
- Sugar and Spice Candied Nuts from Smitten Kitchen
- Sweet and Spicy Rosemary Nuts from Food Blogga
- Cranberry Salsa and Cream Cheese Dip from Kalyn’s Kitchen
- Aunt Carol’s Spinach Dip from The Shiksa in the Kitchen
- Ginger Spice Mixed Nuts from The Perfect Pantry
Butternut Squash and Sweet Potato Gratin
Green Beans with Tart Cherry Balsamic Glaze
Spaghetti Squash Gratin
Mashed Potatoes with Cream Cheese and Sour Cream
Here’s a favorite scone recipe that I’m pulling forward from the first year of my blog. This one features dried apricots in place of the more traditional currants. The slightly tart bursts of apricot are a wonderful addition to the rich, tender cream scone. I hope you enjoy this blast from the past, which was originally published on December 13, 2006. Continue reading →