I don’t usually participate in any of those ‘blog tag’ games that circle around the internets. It’s not that I don’t want to do it. In fact, I usually have good intentions when I get tagged. It’s just that I have this little problem called procrastination that seems to interfere with just about every blog post I plan on writing. So this is a formal apology to every blogger who has ever tagged me for one of those internet memes in the past. I meant to follow through, it just didn’t happen.
So what brings this up? Well, I have recently been tagged not once, but twice! And since I’ve been laid up with the flu for over a week and haven’t cooked a single thing, I figure I’d might as well respond to some questions about myself rather than let that post about Oprah’s expired book giveaway hang out at the top of the page any longer.
First I was tagged by Recipe Girl, a fellow San Diego food blogger who wants me to answer 8 specific questions about myself. And then I was tagged by Roni of Green Lite Bites who wants to know 7 things about me and food. Well, I’ve decided to change things up a bit and just write ten things you might not know (and might not even want to know) about me and food.
1. I don’t always feel like cooking.
2. Even though I love real Italian pizza, there will always be a place in my heart for real American pizza. I prefer Round Table.
3. I dislike most seafood and have only cooked fish once in my life.
4. I am not a ‘foodie.’
5. I hate raw onions and will never, ever, ever want to eat them (but I cook with them almost daily).
6. I dislike mushrooms and asparagus but am working on getting over it.
7. I will always choose creme brulee, creme caramel, panna cotta or flan over any kind of chocolate dessert.
8. Homemade bread warm from the oven spread with lots of butter will always be my favorite food.
9. I will sometimes eat nothing but grilled cheese sandwiches for a week straight.
10. When I’m sick, I only want to drink 7-up.
Now don’t you feel like you know me so much better? Ok, maybe not. But If you’re just dying to know more, here are some resources for you:
- My list of five things to eat before you die
- An interview of me done by Rachel over at Food Maven
- Another interview of me by Nina Smith at BlogHer
I’m not going to to tag anyone else to participate but if you feel inspired to open up and share a little about yourself, leave a comment telling us a couple things about you and food.