Although I haven’t roasted a turkey yet this season, I’ve been enjoying the occasional roasted turkey breast from grocery store deli. I love turkey sandwiches and when my husband is away, a roasted turkey breast or rotisserie chicken from the grocery store up the street is the perfect thing to keep me fed for a few days.
This Curried Turkey Salad recipe popped into my head this morning, but it wasn’t until I was putting it together that I decided to swap out the celery for apples. I had planned on using turkey, dried cranberries, celery, and chopped walnuts along with my standard dressing for curried chicken salad.
I’m sure it would be good with celery, but I want to take leftovers to my sister’s house for dinner tomorrow and I’m pretty sure my brother-in-law hates celery. So at the last minute I decided that tart green apples would be a great addition rather than celery.
The salad turned out great, and I just enjoyed eating some of it on a croissant. I really don’t think I’ll mind eating it the same way tomorrow night!
- Curried Chicken Salad
- Herbed Tuna Salad with Feta and Pine Nuts
- Easy Egg Salad
- Monster Meatball Sandwich
- The Ultimate Manwich
Around the Web:
- Curry Turkey Salad from Culinary in the Desert
- Curried Turkey Salad with Cashews and Apricots from French Kitchen in America
- Brown Rice Salad with Leftover Turkey from Kalyn’s Kitchen
- Asian Turkey Salad from Tarheel Table