Fall Fest continues and my favorite fruit has taken center stage this week. I was hoping to make an apple pie in time for the celebration, but I’m in the middle of moving (yes, again!) and it just didn’t happen. Luckily, I have plenty of delicious apple recipes to share with you, including an easy and delicious Apple Galette and my favorite Sourdough Stuffing with Apples and Bacon.
I’ll be back soon, cooking and writing from yet another new kitchen, and I promise that a real apple pie is on the way. I hope you’ll enjoy some of my favorite apple recipes in the meantime. Also, make sure to check out the links at the bottom of this post, my Fall Fest friends are sharing some really delicious apple recipes this week! And, as always, we’d love you to share your favorite apple recipes by leaving a comment with a description and/or link to the recipe.
Apple Cinnamon Buttermilk Cake
Cranberry Applesauce with Fresh Ginger
Curried Turkey Salad with Apples, Cranberries and Walnuts
Whole Wheat Sour Cream Apple Muffins
Sourdough Stuffing with Apples and Bacon
How You Can Join Fall Fest 2010
Welcome to Fall Fest! Have a recipe or tip that fits any of our weekly themes? You can contribute to our online recipe swap in various ways, big or small.
Contribute a whole post, or a comment—whatever you wish. It’s meant to be fun, viral, fluid. No pressure, just delicious. Simply leave your tip or recipe or favorite links in the comments below a Fall Fest post on my blog, and then go visit my collaborators and do the same.
The cross-blog event idea works best when you leave your recipe or favorite links (whether to your own blog or someone else’s) at all the host blogs. Yes, copy and paste them everywhere! That way, they are likely to be seen by the widest audience. Everyone benefits, and some pretty great dialog starts simmering.
Or think bigger: Publish entire posts of your own, if you wish, and grab the Fall Fest 2010 pumpkin badge (illustrated by Matt of Matt Bites).
Summer/Fall Fest 2010 Posting Schedule
7/28: Cukes and Zukes
8/11: Herbs, Greens, and Beans
8/18: Stone Fruit – I missed this one!
9/1: Sweet and Spicy Peppers
9/15: White (or colorful “white”…but not sweet) Potatoes
10/6: Fall Salads
10/13: Pumpkin + Winter Squash
10/27: “Mad Stash” (as in what you’re shoving in freezer/jars/dehydrator, etc.)
11/3: Root veggies
11/10: Brassicas: incl. Brussels Sprouts, Cauliflower, Cabbage or other
11/17: Sweet Potatoes
11/24: Bounty to Be Grateful For
Other Fall Fest Attendees Celebrating Apples:
- Margaret at A Way to Garden: Applesauce
- Alana at Eating from the Ground Up: Apple pie and its place in her family religion
- Marilyn at Simmer Till Done: Louisa May Alcott’s Apple Slump
- Caron at San Diego Foodstuff: Remaking A Medieval Apple Tart
- Alison at Food2: 22 Awesome Ways to Use Your Apples
- Michelle at Cooking Channel: Apple Dessert Recipes
- Dana at Healthy Eats: 31 Days of Apple Recipes
- Liz at Food Network: Pick the Perfect Apple
- Caroline at The Wright Recipes: Apple Stack Cake and Dark Caramel Apples
- Food Network UK: Five English apples you should know and love
- Gilded Fork: Apples—Sweet Seduction
- Paige at The Sister Project: Third-Prize Apple Pie
- Todd and Diane at White on Rice Couple: Apple picking, and Broiled Leeks with Apple Vinaigrette
Stephanie @ Dollop of Cream says
Betty @ scrambled hen fruit says
Style Your Food Recipes says
Veronika Rojas says