This spinach pomegranate salad is loaded with all my favorite goodies: apples, bacon, blue cheese, walnuts, and pomegranate arils! The delicious salad is dressed with a simple, sweet and tart pomegranate balsamic vinaigrette that perfectly blends the flavors together.
Fall has finally arrived here in California, bringing thunder, rain, and the cooler temperatures I’ve been waiting for. While these cool gray skies have me dreaming of hearty soups and warm baked goods, the theme for this week’s Fall Fest is fall salads.
I decided to take advantage of our local pomegranates and use both the fresh seeds (arils) and bottled juice in this baby spinach salad. I added a bunch of my favorite salad fixings and mixed up an easy pomegranate dressing to tie it all together. Delicious!
I’ll save the soup making and bread baking for next week since my kitchen is still only half unpacked. An easy fall salad was the perfect thing for me to make this week. I hope you enjoy this spinach pomegranate salad with pomegranate balsamic dressing as much as I did.
Yields four servings plus extra salad dressing
1/2 cup pomegranate juice
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon Dijon-style mustard
1 teaspoon honey
1/2 cup vegetable oil (any neutral-flavored oil will do)
salt, to taste
fresh ground black pepper, to taste
4 cups baby spinach leaves
1 apple, cored and chopped
1/3 cup pomegranate seeds (arils)
1/3 cup chopped toasted walnuts
4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
2 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
1/3 cup pomegranate vinaigrette
Make the dressing: In a medium bowl, whisk together pomegranate juice, balsamic vinegar, mustard, and honey. Slowly drizzle in the oil, whisking constantly, until it's all incorporated. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Reserve 1/3 cup for salad and store the rest in the refrigerator.
Make the salad: toss all ingredients in a large bowl. Serve immediately.
- Grapefruit and Avocado Salad with Honey Coriander Vinaigrette
- Broccoli Salad with Bacon, Raisins, and Cashews
- Curry Artichoke Rice Salad
- Green Salad with Lime Mint Vinaigrette
- Sicilian Blood Orange Salad with Olive Oil and Green Olives
Other Fall Fest Attendees Celebrating Fall Salads:
- Gilded Fork: Red & White Salad with Candied Pecans, Figs & Chevre
- Margaret at A Way to Garden: Why Beets Make the Salad
- Caroline at the Wright Recipes: Salt-Roasted Beet and Potato Salad
- Michelle at Cooking Channel: 5 Fab Fall Salads
- Caron at San Diego Foodstuff: Wheat Berry Salad with Apples and Pomegranate Seeds
- Liz at Healthy Eats: 5 Favorite Fall Salads
- Alison at Food2: Fall Salads, Deconstructed
- Cate at Sweetnicks: Bleu Cheese and Walnut Salad with Maple Dressing
- Alana at Eating From the Ground Up: Kale Salad
- Paige at The Sister Project: The Chopped Salad That’s Also an Hors D’Ouevre
- Todd and Diane at White on Rice Couple: Arugula, Bacon and Fig Salad