Today I finally decided to try out the mini cheesecake pan that I got on clearance from Crate and Barrel a while back. It came with a recipe, so I decided to start with that before trying anything too fancy. I ended up using a graham cracker crust rather than the one with ground nuts that they suggested.
These were really easy to make and every single one of them turned out perfect (which doesn’t happen too often around here)! Although Crate and Barrel doesn’t seem to be selling the pans anymore, you can now buy them on Amazon. I plan on buying another one soon!
On to the recipe!
Mini Cherry Cheesecakes
For this recipe you will need a mini cheesecake pan.
1 eight oz. package cream cheese, softened
1 t. vanilla
1/4 C. sugar
1 C. graham cracker crumbs
2 T. brown sugar
1/3 stick melted butter
Topping: Canned cherry pie filling
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a medium bowl, mix graham cracker crumbs, sugar and butter with a fork until well combined.
3. Divide crumb mixture evenly between the 12 cups of your mini-cheesecake pan. Using your fingers (if you don’t have long nails!) press crumbs firmly onto the bottom and partially up the sides of each cup; set aside.
4. Using an electric mixer, blend softened cream cheese, egg, vanilla and sugar together in a medium bowl.
5. Spoon cream cheese mixture into each cup (they will only be half filled).
6. Bake for 14 minutes in a preheated 375 degree oven.
7. Remove from oven and place on rack to cool for 20 minutes then carefully remove cheesecakes from pan and let cool completely.
8. Top with cherries and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Around the Web:
- Mini Mint Cheesecakes from Taste and Tell
- Mini Cheesecakes from Bake or Break
- Mini Blueberry and Mint Cheesecakes from The Passionate Cook
Patricia Scarpin says
Cindy K says
How To Eat A Cupcake says
Heather in SF says
Rob Johnson says