I’m asking you! Tell me what meals you make that just aren’t complete without some cornbread on the side.
This morning my sister informed me that she has a huge box of cornbread mix (probably from Costco) that has been sitting in the cupboard for a while. She requested I make some meals over the next few weeks that go well with cornbread so that we can use it up. I immediately thought about black-eyed peas because that’s one thing that I can’t imagine eating without cornbread. But of course, I like cornbread with all kinds of different bean recipes! And lots of soups, too.
But what I want to know is what the rest of you like to eat with cornbread. Leave a comment and let me know. And while you’re at it, what kind of cornbread do you like to make/eat? Do you like it sweet or not? Do you make it with flour or just straight cornmeal? Do you make it in cast iron or just a cake pan? Do you eat with butter and honey like I do?
Come on, let’s talk cornbread!
Here are some recipes to get you started:
- Cornbread from Homesick Texan
- Confetti Cornbread from Fatfree Vegan Kitchen
- Cornbread from Eggbeater
- All-Purpose Cornbread from Baking Bites
- Southern Cornbread from Simply Recipes
- Sweet Potato Cornbread from What Did You Eat?
- Cranberry Upside Down Cornbread from Mahanandi
- Cayenne Cornbread from Seattle Bon Vivant
- Chipotle-Bacon Cornbread from Culinary in the Desert
- Savory Corn Muffins from Bake or Break