My aunt, cousin, and I took an overnight trip to the coast last weekend that started with a day of wandering around beautiful Monterey and ended with a Mother’s Day 5K run through the artichoke fields of Castroville. It was quite an adventure.
One of the many highlights of the trip was lunch at the adorable Red House Cafe in Pacific Grove where we sampled a variety of sandwiches and salads. Our favorite was a lightly dressed Greek orzo salad with fresh herbs.
The orzo salad was simple and delicious and I’ve been thinking about orzo ever since. When I saw a bag of organic whole wheat orzo at Whole Foods yesterday I decided it was time to make a Greek orzo salad of my own.
- Tabbouleh with Persimmons and Almonds
- Tangerine and Jicama Salad with Garlic and Cilantro
- Cilantro Caesar Salad with Carne Asada
- Curry Artichoke Rice Salad
- Broccoli Salad with Bacon and Raisins
- Orange Cranberry Salad with Walnuts and Blue Cheese
Around the Web: