Welcome back to Fall Fest! I missed the pumpkin party last week, but I really think this simple and delicious pear cake will make up for it. This rich and spicy cake is filled with fresh pear chunks and topped with a buttery, crunchy pecan streusel.
The cake is really simple to put together – no fancy tools required! It makes a great mid-morning snack with coffee but can easily be dressed up with caramel sauce and whipped cream and turned into an elegant dessert.
How do you like to celebrate pear season? Please feel free to leave a comment describing your favorite way to use pears and/or leave links to your favorite recipes. And don’t forget to check out what the rest of the Fall Fest group has been up to this week (scroll to bottom of post for Fall Fest links).
Summer/Fall Fest 2010 Posting Schedule
7/28: Cukes and Zukes
8/11: Herbs, Greens, and Beans
8/18: Stone Fruit – I missed this one!
9/1: Sweet and Spicy Peppers
9/15: White (or colorful “white”…but not sweet) Potatoes
10/6: Fall Salads
10/13: Pumpkin + Winter Squash – I missed this one!
10/27: “Mad Stash” (as in what you’re shoving in freezer/jars/dehydrator, etc.)
11/3: Root veggies
11/10: Brassicas: incl. Brussels Sprouts, Cauliflower, Cabbage or other
11/17: Sweet Potatoes
11/24: Bounty to Be Grateful For
Fall Fest Friends Celebrating Pears:
- Alana at Eating from the Ground Up: Musings on Pears and Cheese
- Caroline at The Wright Recipes: Three Favorite Pear Recipes
- Caron at San Diego Foodstuff: Pear, Pecan, Parmesan Scones
- Paige at The Sister Project: A Gingery Pear Crisp
- Todd and Diane at White on Rice Couple: Making Pear Galette
- Gilded Fork: Harvest Risotto with Caramelized Pears
- Margaret at A Way to Garden: Of Pears and Cookbooks, a Delicious Giveaway
- Roberto at Food2: 5 Ways to Warm Up to Pears
- Michelle at Cooking Channel: What to Pair With Pears
- Kirsten at Food Network: Baking Up Pear Desserts
- Liz at Healthy Eats: Vanilla Poached Pears, With Variations