Originally published in November of 2010, this post has been updated and pulled forward from the archives.
I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving! If you’re lucky, you still have lots of leftover turkey for sandwiches. This Curried Turkey Salad with Apples, Cranberries, and Walnuts is one of my favorites.
Another way to spice up your leftover turkey sandwich is to make a Bacon, Lettuce, Avocado, and Turkey Sandwich with Spicy Chipotle Mayonnaise.
If sandwiches aren’t your thing, there are lots of other ways to use leftover turkey. My mom and grandmother used to always make turkey enchiladas and when I have enough left over, I carry on that tradition. There’s also turkey soup, turkey pot pie, turkey tetrazzini, or even turkey lasagna. This morning I saw a recipe for a turkey spaghetti bake over at What’s Gaby Cooking. Do you have lots of leftovers this year? What are you making with your leftover turkey?
Recipe Ideas for Leftover Turkey:
- Leftover Turkey Pot Pie at The Pioneer Woman Cooks
- Turkey Enchiladas at Simply Recipes
- Leftover Turkey Stew at Cooking by the Seat of my Pants
- Turkey Lasagna with Sage and Three Cheeses at Kalyn’s Kitchen
- Turkey Tetrazzini at Recipe Girl
- Turkey Spaghetti Bake at What’s Gaby Cooking