It’s time again for Menu for Hope, the annual food blog charity drive/raffle hosted by the wonderful Pim of Chez Pim. Menu for Hope kicks off today and will continue through December 21, so check out the prizes now and get ready to give!
Last year, Menu For Hope raised a whopping $62,925.12 to support the UN World Food Programme and I have a feeling that this year will be even bigger!
All the funds raised by Menu for Hope 4 will again support the UN World Food Programme. But this year, the donations will specifically support a local school lunch program in Lesotho, as well as supporting the WFP buying from local, subsistent farmers who practice conservation farming. You can read more about who benefits from Menu for Hope 4 at Chez Pim.
For those of you have never participated in Menu for Hope, let me give you a quick rundown of how it works. For each ten dollars that you donate to the Menu for Hope charity, you will receive one virtual raffle ticket to be placed in a drawing for the prize of your choice. The wonderful prizes include things such as cookbooks, kitchen appliances, dinners, gift baskets, and so much more!
The prizes have been broken up into regions, so you can either visit your local regional host to see which prizes might be specifically for people in your neck of the woods, or you can view the entire list of prizes together at Chez Pim. Here is the list of regional hosts:
UK: Johanna of The Passionate Cook and Jeanne of Cooksister
Europe: Fanny of Food Beam
US – West Coast: Bee of Rasa Malaysia
US – Central: Kalyn of Kalyn’s Kitchen
US – East Coast: Adam Kuban of Slice NY and Serious Eats
Canada: Jennifer of The Domestic Goddess
Asia Pacific, Australia, New Zealand: Helen of Grab Your Fork
Special Wine Blog Host: Alder of Vinography
Instructions for Paricipating in Menu for Hope
- 1. Choose a prize or prizes of your choice from our Menu for Hope at Chez Pim. (Check the morning of December 10 to see all the prizes.)
- 2. Go to the donation site at First Giving and make a donation.
- 3. Please specify which prize you’d like in the ‘Personal Message’ section in the donation form. You must write in how many tickets per prize, and use the prize code. (Each $10 you donate will buy one raffle ticket toward any prize.For example, a donation of $50 can be 2 tickets for EU01 and 3 tickets for EU02. Please write 2xEU01, 3xEU02.)
- 4. If your company matches your charity donation, please check the box and fill in the information so we could claim the corporate match.
- 5. Please check the box to allow us to see your email address so that we could contact you in case you win.Your email address will not be shared with anyone. Check back on Chez Pim on Wednesday Jaunary 9 for the results of the raffle.
Sara, Ms. Adventures in Italy says