Have you eaten too many chocolate bunnies and deviled eggs lately? This pink grapefruit and avocado salad is a delicious way to transition into healthier spring eating.
We’re actually on the tail end of citrus season around here, but the ruby grapefruit that arrived in my CSA box reminded me of this salad I made last year and I had to finally share it with you.
The grapefruit vinaigrette with honey and coriander is so delicious on its own that I kept the salad nice and simple. I tossed together some butter lettuce, chopped avocado, and grapefruit segments and it made a perfect light lunch.
You can use any variety of grapefruit to make this salad, although you may want to adjust the honey in the dressing depending on how sweet, tart, or bitter your grapefruit is.
If you peel and section one grapefruit and save the juices over a bowl, you should end up with enough collected juice for the following dressing, which makes enough to dress a lunch salad that serves one or two.
Double or triple the salad dressing recipe using more grapefruit for a larger salad. If you’re not a fan of green salads, this dressing would also be delicious drizzled over an arrangement of sliced avocados and grapefruit segments. Add some fennel if you’re craving crunch!
- Apple and Carrot Salad with Cilantro and Feta
- Fresh Corn Salad with Bacon and Tomatoes
- Orange Cranberry Salad with Walnuts and Blue Cheese
- Melon and Mozzarella Salad with Honey, Lime, and Mint
- Spinach Salad with Pomegranate, Apples, and Walnuts
Around the Web:
- Savory Pink Grapefruit Salad from Healthy Green Kitchen
- Fennel, Avocado, and Grapefruit Salad from The Perfect Pantry
- Black Radish and Grapefruit Salad from A Thought for Food
- Kale Salad with Grapefruit from Elana’s Pantry